Mom2MemphisandRuby
FlashbackFriday
Chubby Cheeks Thinks
Photobucket
I Heart Pears
Powered by Blogger.
free counters

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

You Got Me To Thinking

     On February 5, 2011 a very dear friend, Kym Nobles Ragan, came for a visit at my little consignment shop. We chatted for a good long while and then our conversation turned to my father and my brother. For whatever reason, I had it all confused. I thought that my brother, Paul, was my uncle. Once she left the store, I got on my phone and started looking at friends on Facebook.  I found that she was friends with this Paul Tidwell and I was friends with Jessica Vinson who was also friends with Paul but not Kym. Well, needless to say, my curiosity got the best of me. 
    
I decided to send Jessica an inbox message on Facebook and see exactly how we knew each other or if we were simply friends because we had mutual friends.  The response I got from her floored me and at the same time answered my suspicion. 
     She told me that she thought I was her sister. I asked her who her dad was and her response really took me aback.  She told me my father's name as well as my mother's name and my full sister's name.  All I could tell her is that would be me. She proceeded to apologize for all that had happened. I told her that she was just a child and that she had nothing to do with what happened between my mom and our father. We were very casual in conversation for the next few months.
     That message was about to change my world as I had known it.  It made me start thinking hard about my life, my past, and my future.  It took me until the end of May 2011 to actuallly meet her. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment